Thursday, May 17, 2007

We're Dying

Sarah and I laeve tomorrow morning. The last month has been so harrowing and busy that I've been looking forward to sitting on a plane for 24 hours. I haven't packed yet. I just emailed a professor a term paper that was due yesterday. Nothing is ready.

Sarah is in the same shape. When I left the apartment today, she was looking at her cell phone, unable to work up the coordination and concentration to call our friend Bad Mike and set up his feeding the cats and bringing in the mail. Today she has to finish photographing her work at Mad Art and write a proposal for a show at The Contempary Art Museum of St. Louis. She asked me to copy-edit part of her proposal this morning, and it felt like she was asking me to lift a buffalo.

The well is empty. We're going to China.

2 comments:

Mike said...

oh hey, my name's in a blog

Brendan Sullivan said...

Mike Augustine is a virtuous, strong man.