Friday, June 1, 2007

Epilogue

We got back last night.

We were sick the last couple of days in Japan, which slowed us down a little, but we still managed to visit Tokyo Bay, where we saw a mini Statue of Liberty and the Toyota design museum (they have a working version of electric cars that drive them selves). They're doing a lot of cool things with usability.

I've been reading Dogs and Demons: Tales from the Dark Side of Modern Japan, which sort of colored my visit, but which explained a lot too. The book is really amazing, but a little dated (~2002).

It was raining the last day we were there, so I got THE MOST AMAZING HAIRCUT of my life, then we hung out in contemporary art museums, as Sarah was feeling under-arted by the entire trip. I tried to console here by claiming that the art in Shanghai would not have been that great, a claim I cannot really support, and a claim which she did not believe.

The DVDs Yong ripped of the pictures I took in China aren't working, so I'll have to figure that out with him. I'll post the Japan pics today.

My cold seems to be clearing up rapidly. Maybe it was exhaustion.

No comments: